Our committee has these members and is charged by the Faculty Senate to examine the totality of the academic environment that relates to the RTE faculty and to propose improvements. The plan is to
- Bring “title clarity” to existing university-level policies as needed
- Improve current title descriptions and assess the adequacy of the line-up
- Provide checklists to guide decision-making that affects the RTE faculty.
- Provide guidelines for RTE retirement and emeritus/a status
- Address matters that have long-term importance
“RTE” stands for “Research Teaching Extension” and during 2018-19 steps were taken to enhance the shared governance role for that group of faculty. A synopsis of that work (including this precise definition of the RTE faculty ) provides a base line for the committee’s work.
Posting comments on the committee website is totally anonymous unless you share your identity in the post itself.