Academic titleholders are eligible to serve in the Faculty Senate if they have University Voting Rights.

University Voting Rights (UVR) Definition

An academic titleholder  with University Voting Rights (UVR) is eligible to serve in the Faculty Senate and can vote in University-wide elections that determine the Faculty Trustees, the Dean of Faculty, the Associate Dean of Faculty, the University Faculty Committee, and the Nominations and Elections Committee. Individuals with UVR can also vote in elections that determine the senators from their own department and the RTE senators from their college.

Titles with UVR

Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, University Professor, Professor-at-Large, Professor Emeritus/a, Associate Professor Emeritus/a, Clinical Professor (all ranks), Research Professor (all ranks), Professor-of-the-Practice (all ranks), Senior Scholar, Senior Scientist, Research Scientist, Principal Research Scientist, Senior  Lecturer, Senior Research Associate, Senior Extension Associate, Librarian, Associate Librarian, Archivist, Associate Archivist.

Titles without UVR

Lecturer, Research Associate, Extension Associate, Instructor, Teaching Associate, Visiting Critic, Visiting Scholar, Visiting Scientist, Visiting Fellow, Senior Assistant Librarian, Assistant Librarian, Senior Assistant Archivist, Assistant Archivist, and any title modified by “adjunct”, “courtesy”, “acting”, or “visiting”.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email