The Cornell Store can sometimes assist with the distribution of materials.
Faculty can help minimize students’ textbook expenses in a variety of ways:
- Early textbook adoptions enable students to explore multiple purchase options and give students broader access to used books.
- Faculty should indicate on their course syllabi and inform the store whether students can use an earlier edition of a required textbook.
- University libraries can help ensure that enough copies of every required text are available through the course reserve system.
- Course syllabi should indicate the frequency that students will be using required textbooks so that students can decide whether to purchase or rent the textbooks or rely on the course reserve system.
- Faculty should take advantage of technological resources that can alleviate textbook expenses, including free electronic versions of text and open access materials when available.