Possibly relevant: What Cornell has to say about conflict of interest and disclosure when consulting and external engagement are involved.
- Disclose to who? Chair? Dean? Someone HR or the Title IX Office? When should those in the recipient-of-disclosure pool communicate amongst themselves?
- Should the authority or the subordinate have the responsibility to disclose? What if the subordinate disagrees with the authority and prefers not to disclose?
- How should third-party disclosures be handled?
- Should the policy mandate a point at which disclosure is required? If so, when?
- What should the policy say about nondisclosure when the parties involved are in a relationship that is explicitly prohibited?
- Should undisclosed relationships be treated as nonconsensual and placed under Policy 6.4 if discovered?
- Are there situations where disclosure “beyond the department” is unnecessary?
- Is it possible to have a disclosure mechanism without chilling the environment of collegiality that is so essential to the life of the university?
Last Updated: December 5, 2017 at 3:00 pm