Skip to main content

Robert D. Miller

1967-1971

Robert D. Miller was appointed to the Faculty in the Department of Soil Science in 1952. He served as Assistant to the Provost from 1964-65, and served on numerous committees in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

As Dean of the University Faculty, he successfully led the Faculty and the campus during a time of racial unrest, protests, and the takeover of Willard Straight Hall in 1969.

Professor Miller retired and was named Emeritus on September 1, 1987.